The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) recently delivered its annual report, and the UNC School of Medicine ranked highly. The report said that at UNC, we are:
- Providing graduates that meet priority needs
- Delivering a diverse physician workforce
- Advancing medical discoveries
- Producing very satisfied graduates
- Meeting community needs
- Offering an affordable education
The report is evidence that the school continues to strive toward our mission, but also shows us where there are opportunities for improvement. For example, our school was ranked in the 17th percentile for Hispanic graduates, but in the 94th percentile for African-American graduates. We must continue working to recruit, train and graduate a more diverse workforce, as well as maintain and improve upon our success in all other areas.
To view the AAMC’s full report, click here: UNC AAMC Rankings.